Conference or exhibition manager/organiser
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff.
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors.
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 10% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for conference or exhibition manager/organiser is £27,248
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,522. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for conference or exhibition manager/organiser roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £27,248 per year. That is about £2,271 per month or £13.97 per hour. New workers generally start on £17,222, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £52,187
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,522 people are employed in the region.