Apprentice Childminder (level 2 or 3 depending on experience) at I have a successful Childminding business, in Clevedon, which I am looking to grow further, I am currently working with 2 Apprentices.
- To support the employer in providing appropriate learning experiences for the children attending the employers setting , at any given time, both within the setting and out on trips /outings.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of those children.
- To liaise with parents/ guardians of those children as requested by the employer.
- To act as key worker to 3 children, and once appropriate first aid training complete, may be left for up to 2 hours, alone with the children.
- Hours to be spread over Monday - Friday between 8am & 6pm
- A DBS with update service, and Ofsted Checks must be completed prior to employment commencing.
- To assist in all childminding related daily duties, including but not exclusive to :
- To assist, where necessary in preparing the premises for the arrival of children, eg health & safety checks /general cleaning.
- To be friendly, approachable and professional to parents/carers who visit ad who pick up/drop off their children.
- To assist in planning and Setting out of equipment to meet children's interests.
- To play alongside children, observe their play and development and to Make notes accordingly.
- To assist with tidying up during and after play where necessary and to keep children safe.
- To assist with snack and mealtimes .
- To assist with meeting all the indivdual needs of the children being card for.
- To be aware of and to follow published policies and procedures at all times.
I am an OFSTED registered childminder, recently rate Outstanding on my last inspection (nov 2016) I work from my home in Clevedon, I have a Separate room I use specifically for childminding. We attend lots of groups & do lots of trips including , but not exclusive, to soft play, farms, parks, library story time, toddler groups etc etc. I open Monday to Thursday 8am - 6pm.
- Intermediate or advanced qualification in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Full on the job training
- Day release to college
- Functional skills - if applicable
Full-time employment for the right candidate upon succesful completion
Must be kind, caring, patient, have a love for children, and ideally an outgoing personality!
Preferably GCSE grade C or above in math and English or equivalent.
Must be friendly, honest & most importantly, reliable, with good common sense & a love for children! Anything else can be taught!
Will be expected to attend a 12 hour paediatric first aid course.
Clevedon, BS21 6EX
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Children and Young People's Workforce