Traineeship in Painting and Decorating at BURNHAM PLASTERING & DRY LINING LIMITED
You would be expected to do the following work (please note, this is not an extensive list):
- Preparing work
- Filling work
- Emulsion to walls & ceilings
- Undercoat & gloss to woodwork
- Stripping off existing wallpaper or paint
- Applying layers of paint or hanging wallpaper
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Preparing surfaces with primer or undercoat
Burnham Plastering & Drylining Ltd are an established family business formed by brothers John and Stephen Spence in 1997 and we have over 20 years’ experience in the trade.
Burnham Plastering & Drylining have a large portfolio of clients and offer a wide range of services for commercial and residential customers. They cover Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding areas within a 150-mile radius, and pride themselves on giving their customers an exceptional service at competitive prices.
- Functional Skills English & maths at level 2
- Full on the job training
- Employment rights and responsibilities
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3You’ll get:
- A work experience placement
- Help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Opportunity to become an apprentice or a permanent member of staff and career progression.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- A safety conscious approach to work
- Reasonable fitness levels
- The ability to work in a team
You will need:
- To be a confident communicator
- Be able to understand instructions and read technical diagrams
- Be able to use your own initiative
Weston-Super-Mare, BS24 9AY