ICT for Beginners
"What will I do on the course?
The course will begin by evaluating your current computer skills. You’ll work with the tutor to undertake an initial assessment and identify areas for improvement.
The course will focus on using Microsoft Word and using your email account.
You’ll also learn:
- Keyboard skills
- To save, open and print documents
- To set up a web based email account to send and receive emails
- Suitable activities for job seeking
- About computer components and their safety features
- To edit and format a document to suit your document needs
- To insert pictures into documents
- About files and storage
- To navigate the internet.
Who is the course aimed at?
There are no entry requirements. The aim of the course is to motivate you and improve your general computer skills in a relaxed and friendly environment that meets individual needs.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs to this course.
What opportunities could this course lead to?
The course will provide you with:
- Enjoyment of learning or a return to education
- Confidence in using a computer
- Independent study skills
- Skills to use the internet safely
- The ability to identify and access advice and guidance on progression.
No formal entry requirements