More course dates announced soon
English - GCSE
This course will help you to develop your English skills to the standard that most businesses expect from their employees.
This GCSE lasts one year and tuition is up to three hour a week for 32 weeks, you can choose day or evening classes. You will be required to do a small amount of study at home in your own time.
You will learn how to:
- Identify and interpret information and ideas
- Explain, comment on and analyse how writers use language and structure to achieve effects and influence readers, using relevant subject terminology
- Compare ideas and perspectives
- Evaluate texts critically and support with appropriate textual references
- Communicate clearly, effectively and imaginatively
- Use appropriate tone and style for different audiences
- Organise information and ideas, using structural and grammatical features to support coherence and cohesion
- Use a range of vocabulary and sentence structures for clarity, purpose and effect with accurate spelling and punctuation
- Listen and respond appropriately to others, including questions and feedback
- Use spoken Standard English effectively in speeches and presentation.
- GCSE qualifications will allow you to progress onto further qualifications at the College.
It is assessed with two exams in June and four written assessments during class time.
GCSE qualifications will allow you to progress onto further qualifications at the College.
Most students are eligible to study for free, contact us today to find out more.
There are no formal entry requirements, however there are two levels of nationally recognised English courses: Function Skills and GCSE. Once you have applied for this course we will arrange a short interview with a tutor who will find out about your current level of understanding and your future ambitions to ensure you start on the course most appropriate for you.
iAn interview is required for this course.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.
Occupations related to English - GCSE
Author, Writer or Translator
Job holders in this unit group write, edit and evaluate literary material for publication excluding material for newspapers, magazines and other periodicals but including scripts and narrative for film, TV, radio and computer games and animations; and translate spoken and written statements into different languages.
Employment in region: 569 positions