Dementia Care, Certificate (Online)
What will I do on this course?
This online course is designed to teach the fundamentals of how to deliver a person-centred approach when caring for or living with someone with dementia.
This qualification enables you to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia.
It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
The qualification doesn't infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in, or towards, a dementia care role.
The various units will cover:
- Dementia awareness
- Learn about the person-centred approach
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction when dealing with dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication in dementia care
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE/CACHE L2 Certificate in Dementia Care.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.
More course dates announced soon
Occupations related to Dementia Care, Certificate (Online)
Building or civil engineering technician
Building and civil engineering technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist civil and building engineers.
Employment in region: 408 positions
Architectural or town planning technician
Architectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.
Employment in region: 762 positions