Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, Certificate (Online)
What will I do on this course?
This qualification is designed for those with an interest in, or who are already working with people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
This qualification aims to give you knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. You will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
There are six mandatory units that will be covered in this qualification:
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum conditions
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE/CACHE L2 Certificate in Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.
More course dates announced soon
Occupations related to Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, Certificate (Online)
Building or civil engineering technician
Building and civil engineering technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist civil and building engineers.
Employment in region: 408 positions
Architectural or town planning technician
Architectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.
Employment in region: 762 positions