Understanding Autism, Award (Virtual Classroom)
This flexible online course is designed for those who work with or have contact with individuals on the autism spectrum. This course will help you to understand more about the impact it can have on an individual’s day-to-day life and how to support them.
You will learn about what Autism is, how it is diagnosed and how it can affect the way an individual interacts and communicates with others. You will also explore strategies to support individuals with autism with routine tasks and through key life events.
You are able to study this course online to fit around home and work commitments but with the support and expertise of a qualified online tutor.
The course will commence with a welcome webinar to give you an opportunity to meet your tutor and find out about how to access and navigate the system. Following this, the course can be accessed remotely through the digital platform with course materials, lessons and resources available to access at any time. There are two further scheduled webinars throughout the course which provide you with an opportunity to discuss topics with your tutor and class, whilst allowing the tutors to personalise the course to your needs.
To gain the certificate, you will need to successfully complete 2 modules:
- An introduction to Autism
- Supporting individuals on the Autism spectrum
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Level 2 Award in Understanding Autism.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
More course dates announced soon
Occupations related to Understanding Autism, Award (Virtual Classroom)
Building or civil engineering technician
Building and civil engineering technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist civil and building engineers.
Employment in region: 408 positions
Architectural or town planning technician
Architectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.
Employment in region: 762 positions