End of Life Care, Certificate (Online)
What will I do on this course?
This qualification is designed for those who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care and is suitable for those who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
The course covers the principles of how to work in end of life care, the support needed to manage pain and discomfort, how dementia impacts on end of life care, the role of the care worker in time of death and the loss and grief process.
The various units will cover:
- How to work in end of life care
- Care planning in end of life care
- How to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- End of life care and dementia
- The role of the care worker in time of death
- Loss and grief in end of life care
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal exam. Instead, you will need to demonstrate achievement of all learning outcomes within each module by submitting and passing all assessed activities within the course.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the NCFE/CACHE L2 Certificate in Understanding key principles of end of life care.
You will have access to the College’s online portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your course materials, lessons and resources at any time.
Eligibility for FREE Level 2 Distance Learning courses:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/19
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley and the West Midlands.
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.