All you need to know about course dates and times
Sports Coaching, NVQ
Location of course delivery: South Bristol (The Park, Knowle), Portishead and Trelander (Cornwall). This course is not being delivered at any Weston College campuses in Weston-super-Mare
What will I do on this course?
A Programme of Study with CoachMakers is a full time course for young people aged 16-24 (for L2). During the Level 2 Sports Coaching course students gain:**
- Qualifications that will enable students to gain meaningful employment
- Relevant sports coaching experience
- Skills required to become a sports coach
- Advice, support and career guidance
The course is run by experienced sports coaches /professionals and there are frequent opportunities to visit other providers, employers, universities and many other enrichment activities. It is a blended learning approach of two days college and two days work placement with a range of coaching opportunities including Schools, Professional clubs and Community sport.
Qualifications gained on Level 2 Programme of Study
- 1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching
- 1st4Sport NVQ Level 2 Activity Leadership
- First Aid
- Maths and English (dependent on Grades Functional skills or GCSE Resit)
A passion for sports and Maths and English at Level 1. Each case will be assessed individually, applicants must undertake a recognised enhance disclosure and barring service check.
What Our Students Say
Chloe Carchrie, Sport and Exercise Science
“I have had many opportunities to represent the college and have revieved excellent coaching”
Former school: Priory
Course: Sport and Exercise Science
What next? Chloe aims to pursue netball as a career, study at degree-level, and would like to teach sport.