ABOUT WESTON COLLEGE
We are an award-winning institution in Weston-super-Mare and are proud to be regarded as one of the top FE colleges in the UK.
Our mission is to create brighter futures for all and we offer a diverse range of qualifications: GCSEs, A Levels, Vocational, innovative T Levels, and over 50 diverse apprenticeships. Through University Centre Weston, we extend into higher education with degrees and degree apprenticeships, plus we deliver education services to South West prisons, and we are the lead college for the West of England Institute of Technology.
Aside from outstanding academic success for our learners, the College, its staff, and its courses have won a string of prestigious awards, accolades, and accreditations in recent years. You can discover more about these here.
Together this shows that quality and excellence run through everything we do and means that you can be confident Weston College is the best choice for you.
Jacqui Ford, Principal and Chief Executive Officer
Weston College of Further and Higher Education's roots can be traced back over 150 years, with the first documented educational building being built on the Knightstone Campus site by Archdeacon Henry Law in 1845.
Weston College's mission is 'Creating brighter futures',
which means that we put our students at the heart of everything we do...
- We put students first
- We are entrepreneurial in approach and innovative in our thinking
- We are ambitious and aspirational
- We value diversity and celebrate success
- We enable collaboration and work in partnership
- We are responsive to the needs of students, staff, businesses and the community
- We provide a safe and sustainable place to study and work.
Our corporate aims include:
- Ensuring a safe, stimulating and innovative learning and working environment, responsive to the needs of individuals, businesses and the wider communities
- Supporting the learning environment through an embedded culture of inclusion, equality and partnership
- Creating a secure, supportive, responsive and welcoming environment for our students, staff and business partners
- Harnessing technology to provide an innovative, flexible, and varied learning and working environment
- Improving opportunities and enabling learners to succeed, progress and meet future challenges by providing high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Listening and respecting the views of students, the business community and our staff
- Remaining a financially robust organisation through long-term financial health enabling the delivery of all corporate aims and objectives.