About Weston College
Weston College is an Ofsted outstanding college of further and higher education in Weston-super-Mare.
It provides education and vocational training to nearly 30,000 learners across the country.
The College is regarded as one of the top FE colleges in the UK and won both “College of the Year” and “Overall Further Education Provider of the Year” at the 2015 Times Educational Supplement Further Education Awards.
It teaches a range of higher education courses through University Centre Weston, as well as 70 different apprenticeships from intermediate to degree-level.
Weston College of Further and Higher Education's roots can be traced back over 150 years, with the first documented educational building being built on the Knightstone Campus site by Archdeacon Henry Law in 1845.
Weston College's mission is 'Creating brighter futures', which means that we put our students at the heart of everything we do...
- We put students first
- We are entrepreneurial in approach and innovative in our thinking
- We are ambitious and aspirational
- We value diversity and celebrate success
- We enable collaboration and work in partnership
- We are responsive to the needs of students, staff, businesses and the community
- We provide a safe and sustainable place to study and work.
Our corporate aims include:
- Ensuring a safe, stimulating and innovative learning and working environment, responsive to the needs of individuals, businesses and the wider communities
- Supporting the learning environment through an embedded culture of inclusion, equality and partnership
- Creating a secure, supportive, responsive and welcoming environment for our students, staff and business partners
- Harnessing technology to provide an innovative, flexible, and varied learning and working environment
- Improving opportunities and enabling learners to succeed, progress and meet future challenges by providing high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Listening and respecting the views of students, the business community and our staff
- Remaining a financially robust organisation through long-term financial health enabling the delivery of all corporate aims and objectives.