We are very pleased to welcome you as a student of Weston College for 2021, especially as you are the first cohort of learners to reap the benefits of being part of our brand new Career Excellence Hubs.
As a College we continue to respond to the challenges of COVID-19 in a professional and logical manner, with the safety of our students and staff our highest priority. We will continue to follow government guidelines (and respond quickly to any changes in guidance) to ensure that the College environment remains a safe place to learn. We will continue to stress ‘Hands, Face, Space’, as well ensuring:
- Sanitisation stations will remain in place
- We maintain an enhanced cleaning regime
- Face coverings remain optional but will be advised when in communal areas and when on dedicated college transport
In addition to providing outstanding facilities, teaching and support to help achieve your goals, whilst having a great time studying and building new friendships, we will work to a curriculum delivery model for the 2021/22 academic year that will:
- Maximise face-to-face learning with learners in college, whilst still incorporating some elements of online learning where it benefits the student
- Continuous access to support services both face-to-face and online.
- Offer great career advice and job ready skills.
- Focus on embedding mental health and wellbeing and support our whole community to develop positive wellbeing
As a College, we ask that you commit time, energy and effort to your studies in order to obtain the best possible achievements. We will continue to work hard to provide learning opportunities, environments and resources of the highest quality, to support your educational journey. Weston College is committed to the principles of safeguarding and equality and diversity, meaning we will do all we can to ensure your safety and protection while being opposed to any form of discrimination. We hope that you, too, will share these inclusive values.
Our campus guides provide you with important information which will support you during your time with us and will also make you feel reassured about that we provide an outstanding learning environment for all students.
Should you need any further information please ask your personal tutor or contact any member of Student Services who will be happy to help.
May I take this opportunity to wish you an enjoyable and successful year at Weston College.
Dr Paul Phillips CBE
Principal and Chief Executive
Weston College Group