IT Project or Programme Manager
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme.
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality.
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team.
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 12% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for it project or programme manager is £49,483
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,198. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for it project or programme manager roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £49,483 per year. That is about £4,124 per month or £25.38 per hour. New workers generally start on £31,595, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £78,083
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,198 people are employed in the region.