Air-conditioning or Refrigeration Engineer
- Carries our maintenance checks and repairs.
- Inspects and tests the installation.
- Plans work schedule and installs the system.
- Produces detailed estimate of costs of the work.
- Plans layout of the system (pipework, ducts and control panels).
- Examines the proposed site to establish if installation plans are practical.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 15% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for air-conditioning or refrigeration engineer is £43,015
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 432. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for air-conditioning or refrigeration engineer roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £43,015 per year. That is about £3,585 per month or £22.06 per hour. New workers generally start on £23,109, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £55,180
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 432 people are employed in the region.