English and Maths
English and maths skills are essential to everyday life, and gaining a recognised qualification in these subjects is more important than you might think...
At Weston College, we are committed to making sure that all of our learners are able to achieve a reasonable level of English and maths.
This is because English and maths are valuable skills that will help you succeed in life and in the workplace.
Students of all ages learn English and/or maths at Weston College. We have outstanding teachers and offer a range of support and guidance to help you achieve your goals, whether you want to understand the basics, or gain a qualification to help you access further study.
We have a selection of English and maths courses available to suit you and your needs. Classes run at various points during the day or in the evening, on-campus or online.
You can apply now for English and maths Functional Skills, GCSEs and ESOL to start this September!
If you would like to develop your skills, increase your confidence, and gain qualifications, please see the list of courses below and apply today.
Our courses will...
• Increase your confidence with English and/or maths
• Improve your employment skills and prospects
• Lead to a nationally-recognised qualification
• Help you to support your children with their school work
• You must be aged 19 years or over and be able to commit for the duration of the course and complete an exam.
• You must be a UK/EU passport holder or have lived in the EU for the last three years, or married to a UK national and lived in the UK for 1 year and a day at the start of the course.
• You will be expected to attend the college premises for elements of their course and to complete their assessments within the college.
• To access our free courses,you must not already hold a grade 4/level 2 qualification in English and/or maths.
Don't have a grade 4/C in English or maths?
Never done a GCSE in English/maths
It doesn't matter what level you're at right now, the important thing is taking the first step! Come in for an informal assessment and we can get you started on improving your skills and qualifications. Our team is friendly and approachable, and are here to help you with as much support and guidance as you need. There are many courses and options available, whether you are looking to study in the day or evening.
Grade 3/D in English/maths
If you already have a GCSE at grade 3/D, and are looking to improve your grade, you can study and re-sit it with us.
Grade 2/E in English/maths
If you already hold a English or maths GCSE at grade 2/E or below, we can work with you to get you on a course which is a stepping stone to your GCSE pass at grade 4/C or above.
Available English, Maths and ESOL courses
What our students say
John-Paul, Adult Literacy, Level 2
“It’s been a fantastic course, just what I’ve always wanted to do.”
The course has been invaluable to John as it has given him the opportunity to start a new job and now feels he has the confidence to move on with his life.
What next? John now has a new career with UPS, where he is enjoying lots of new training.