Financial or accounting technician
- Monitors accounting systems to determine accounts are being maintained effectively and provides information on accounting practices to auditors.
- Ensures invoices and payments are correct and sent out on time.
- Liaises with clients to ensure that payments are made on time and credit limits are not exceeded.
- Produces, collates and reports financial information for managers.
- Maintains profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other accounting records.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 10% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for financial or accounting technician is £37,710
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 966. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for financial or accounting technician roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £37,710 per year. That is about £3,143 per month or £19.34 per hour. New workers generally start on £24,398, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £69,597
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 966 people are employed in the region.