- Carries out general clerical duties.
- Handles customer complaints or forwards them to relevant member of sales team.
- Prepares sales invoices and maintains records and accounts of sales activity.
- Fields telephone enquiries from prospective customers on behalf of the sales team.
- Provides information to customers on products and prices.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 13% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for sales administrator is £19,773
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,573. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for sales administrator roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £19,773 per year. That is about £1,648 per month or £10.14 per hour. New workers generally start on £17,264, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £35,194
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,573 people are employed in the region.