Thanks for visiting our Motor Vehicle page. Here you'll find all the information you need to know about the motor vehicle courses we offer.
For more information on a specific course, please use one of the search options below.
You could make a successful career out of your interest in motor vehicles, starting with one of our courses.
At Weston College we've been investing in our motor vehicle provision for a number of years, and have created a fantastic learning environment for you to study motor vehicle in. If you choose to study motor vehicle with us, you'll benefit from our Automotive Technology Centre, based in a former garage, and our lecturers with decades of current industry experience and knowledge. You'll also benefit from our links with employers in the motor vehicle industry across the region, who we work with to keep our curriculum up to date, ensure we're teaching you the motor vehicle skills that will lead to a profession, and can provide you with exclusive learning and work opportunities.
Employers are looking for people with current skills and qualifications in this sector. There are over 31 million cars on the road in the UK alone, and 11% of national employment within the automotive industry is in the South West. Studying a qualification in motor vehicle or vehicle maintenance could set you up for a variety of jobs, from a repair technician to a Formula 1 mechanic.
Motor vehicle skills are useful to have. Whether you want to become a mechanic or just want to be able to repair your own car, skills in motor vehicle maintenance will always come in handy.
Why choose us?
- Course content. We work with employers to make sure that you're learning the skills that they look for in their employees. Take a look at our courses in the drop down menu at the top of this page.
- Our reputation. We're the top College in the region for motor vehicle courses, and consistently ranked among the top colleges in the country, which means you can expect to receive an outstanding level of teaching and support to help you achieve your career or educational goals.
- Success rates. Our results regularly beat national benchmarks, and most of our motor vehicle student progress into employment, an apprenticeship, or further qualifications.
- Our facilities. We've turned a real-life car garage into the perfect place for you to learn all about vehicle maintenance, which will give you valuable hands-on experience and the knowledge you’ll need to enter the industry or go onto further study.
- Our links with employers. We have strong links with employers and racing teams such as Club Rallysport West, who regularly use our South West Skills Campus as a base for scrutineering at the Brean Stages Rally, and Roger Orgee Racing, who won the 2015 Formula Ford championship at Castle Combe race course.
Search Motor Vehicle courses
Search Courses by Keyword:
Select a Course:
Weston College Racing Team
Weston College is a sponsor of the father and son duo Roger Orgee Racing, based in Langford, Somerset. Roger Orgee senior won the Formula Ford title in 1974 and his son, Roger Orgee junior won the 2015 championship.
As part of the partnership, the College’s motorsport study programme provides students with the opportunity to work with Formula Ford race mechanics in the College workshops and out on track on the local racing circuit.
In 2015, Roger Orgee Racing’s second car, a Van Diemen RF02, was repaired at the College’s South West Skills Campus following a collision at Silverstone race course.
Roger Orgee Racing can also offer our learners unique opportunities to attend racing events and meet industry professionals.
To find out more, contact email@example.com
A qualification in the motor vehicle sector could lead to many job opportunities and successful career paths.
New car registrations are at the highest level in over a decade - with over 2.6 million new cars hitting the road in 2015. With an increase in the number of cars, there is steady demand for skilled people who are trained in motor vehicle maintenance, and the automotive industry currently employs over 142,000 people across the UK.
What you could you earn?
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the automotive industry include:
- Motor vehicle body repair technician - £13,000 to £18,000
- Motor vehicle technician - £15,000 to £20,000
- Motorsport engineer - £18,000 to £40,000
- Motor vehicle breakdown engineer - £20,000 to £30,000
- Automotive engineer - £20,000 to £50,000
- Formula 1 mechanic - £45,000 to £150,000
- The UK motor industry is one of the most exciting sectors in Europe, with almost 3,500 companies associated with the industry
- 80% of the world’s high-performance mechanical engineers are from the UK
- The number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses has increased by over 48% in the last decade
- The Bristol and Somerset area accounts for 11% of all employment within the vehicle maintenance and repair industry.
- There are over 31 million vehicles registered on the roads in Great Britain
- The number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses has increased by 48% over the last decade
It's easy to apply...
Applying for any of our motor vehicle courses is easier than you think – you can apply online in a matter of minutes by selecting the course you’re interested in from the drop-down menu at the top of this page and clicking ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can find an application form at the back of our prospectus.
Now is the perfect time to apply in order to secure your place on the course you are interested in. Submitting an application isn’t a binding decision and if you change your mind, you can always withdraw your application at a later date.