Legal associate professional
- Assists in all aspects of property conveyancing and probate and common law practice.
- Attends court to assist barristers and solicitors in the presentation of a case.
- Interviews and advises clients, undertakes preparatory work for court cases.
- Collates information, drafts briefs and other documents.
- Runs chambers on behalf of principals, develops the practice, manages the flow of work, decides which cases to accept, arranges appropriate fees and prepares financial records.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 17% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for legal associate professional is £25,459
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,448. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for legal associate professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £25,459 per year. That is about £2,122 per month or £13.06 per hour. New workers generally start on £19,032, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £43,909
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,448 people are employed in the region.