- Checks surface level using line, spirit level and straight edge.
- Covers and seals joints between boards and finishes surface.
- Measures, cuts, installs and secures plaster board and/or ornamental plasterwork to walls and ceilings.
- Pours liquid plaster into mould to cast ornamental plaster work.
- Applies and smoothes one or more coats of plaster and produces a finished surface, using hand tools or mechanical spray.
- Mixes, or directs the mixing of, plaster to desired consistency.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 10% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for plasterer is £29,364
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 512. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for plasterer roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £29,364 per year. That is about £2,447 per month or £15.06 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,642, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £40,715
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 512 people are employed in the region.