Customer service occupation n.e.c.
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
- Addresses customer complaints and problems.
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements.
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers.
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts.
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 12% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for customer service occupation n.e.c. is £18,970
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 7,198. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for customer service occupation n.e.c. roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £18,970 per year. That is about £1,581 per month or £9.73 per hour. New workers generally start on £14,706, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £28,101
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 7,198 people are employed in the region.