Thanks for visiting our Graphic Design page. Here you'll find all the information you need to know about the graphic design courses we offer.
For more information on a specific course, please use one of the search options below.
Our graphic design courses have been created to develop your abilities and unleash your potential.
At Weston College we aim to inspire, educate and prepare you for your next step - whether that's university or a career in the graphic design industry.
Graphic designers are in demand. The graphic design industry in the South West is growing, and graphic designers can expect to earn around £22,000 a year. This rises to an average of £31,000 with experience and higher-level qualifications. Many graphic designers also top up their earnings by working freelance outside of their contracted hours.
Creativity can be learnt. At Weston College our expert lecturers come from the industry and know exactly how to bring out the best of your abilities. You'll learn about the theory of graphic design and how to make eye-catching and original creations.
Why choose us?
- Course content. At Weston College we'll work with you to develop your skills and unleash your creativity through lectures that aim to help you explore your own talents while giving you a strong theoretical basis for your future design work. Our courses have been created to give you the skills, knowledge and the best chance to succeed in the industry.
- Reputation. We’re one of the top colleges in the country, which means you can expect outstanding teaching and support to help you succeed.
- Success rates. A lot of our graphic design courses have enjoyed a 100% pass rate in recent years, and at degree-level our students achieve well over the national average.
- Our facilities. As a Weston College graphic design student you'll be studying at our Loxton Campus with access to industry standard equipment, software and plenty of Mac suites. You can find out more about the College’s state-of-the-art facilities here.
- Our links with local design agencies. We work with many graphic design businesses to give you the opportunity to work to live briefs and experience working within the industry.
Search Graphic Design courses
Search Courses by Keyword:
Select a Course:
Most graphic designers work for companies specialising in advertising or corporate communications, or as part of internal (in-house) design teams of large organisations such as retailers or banks. Other employers may include multimedia companies, voluntary organisations and education providers.
What you can earn
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the industry include:
- Starting salaries can be around £15,000 a year
- Experienced graphic designers can earn between £19,000 and £30,000 a year, and senior graphic designers can earn up to, and over, £50,000
The creative industry is very well represented in the south west and is particularly booming in the Bristol area. So much so it hosts a widely acclaimed annual creative conference that attracts national and international speakers.
- 32% of the design workforce is self‐employed
- Design contributes £6.8 billion to the UK economy 51% are employed in communications, interior and exhibition
- There are 193,969 people working in the design industry
Data from Direct.gov.uk
It's easy to apply...
You can apply online for any of our graphic design courses in a matter of minutes by selecting the course you’re interested in from the drop-down menu at the top of this page and clicking ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can find an application form at the back of our prospectus.
There has never been a better time to apply for one of our graphic design courses - and if you apply now you can secure your place on the course you are interested in. Submitting an application isn’t a binding decision and if you change your mind, you can always withdraw your application at a later date.