Thanks for visiting our Photography page. Here you'll find all the information you need to know about the photography courses we offer.
For more information on a specific course, please use one of the search options below.
Weston College's photography courses are aimed at allowing you to explore your creativity through sessions led by our expert lecturers.
We have a long history of delivering successful photography qualifications that has seen many of our students go on to great successes. One of the main reasons behind the success of our photography courses is that our lecturers are practicing photographers with years of experience working in their field.
Photography qualifications lead to jobs. Our photography courses could lead you to a successful career working within companies as a photographer or starting your own business as a freelancer. Salaried photographers can expect to earn between £18,000 and £50,000 a year depending on experience, and many photographers working within a business freelance in their spare time to supplement their income.
The more qualified you are, the more you can earn. With Weston College you can study photography from Level 3 right up to degree-level, and if you study with we are able to prioritise your application to study a Foundation Degree at University Centre Weston.
You don't need to be an expert. Our photography courses are based around teaching you the skills that will be the most useful to you as a photographer. You'll learn about a variety of photography techniques through active and engaging sessions led by lecturers who are experts in their fields.
Why choose us?
- Our course content. At Weston College you'll benefit from courses with your professional development in mind. Our courses have been created to give you the skills, knowledge and the best chance to succeed in the photography industry.
- Our reputation. We're one of the top colleges in the country, which means you can expect outstanding teaching, facilities and support to help you succeed.
- Our success rates. Weston College's success rates are consistently above the national benchmark, and we pride ourselves on our creative arts provision. In previous years our Photography Diploma has enjoyed a success rate of 100%.
- Our facilities. You'll study alongside like-minded people at our Loxton Campus. As a Weston College student, you'll have access to five industry-standard photographic studios, three darkrooms, and digital editing suites. You'll also be able to book out a range of equipment such as cameras, lights and tripods to help you perfect your art.
- Our links with universities and employers. We work closely with employers across the region to give you the opportunity to experience working for clients to gain real-life industry knowledge.
Search Photography courses
Search Courses by Keyword:
Select a Course:
Photographer, photographic stylist, photographic technician, corporate photographer, forensic photographer, medical photographer, assistant photographer, press photographer, digital imaging specialist, picture researcher.
What you can earn
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the industry include:
- Photographer £18,000 and £50,000 a year
- Photographic stylist £12,000
- Photographic technician £12,000-£25,000
Nearly 5,000 people work in the industry in the south west and over half of these are photographers.13% of the UK’s photo imaging industry is in the south west – the third largest area after London and the south east.
- 15,000 work in portrait photographic activities, 1,700 in other specialist photography (not portrait)
- There are 43,100 people employed throughout photo imaging, 6,050 in film processing and 20,250 in other photographic activities
It's easy to apply...
You can apply online for any of our Photography courses in a matter of minutes by selecting the course you’re interested in from the drop-down menu at the top of this page and clicking ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can find an application form at the back of our prospectus.
There has never been a better time to apply for one of our Photography courses - and if you apply now you can secure your place on the course you are interested in. Submitting an application isn’t a binding decision and if you change your mind, you can always withdraw your application at a later date.