Computing and IT
Thanks for visiting our Computing and IT page. Here you'll find all the information you need to know about the IT courses we offer.
For more information on a specific course, please use one of the search options below.
We are one of the leading colleges in the UK for computing and IT courses, with a history of success in this sector.
Studying with us means you’ll be taught by lecturers with an exceptional track record when it comes to teaching students the skills they need to be successful in the IT industry.
Computing and IT qualifications are in demand. More and more employers are digitising parts of their businesses, which means an IT qualification will look good on your CV regardless of the career path you take, and might even put you ahead of the competition when it comes to applying for jobs.
You don’t necessarily need to have studied computing before. With 26 courses from Level 1 to degree-level, at Weston College you can find the right course for you. We’ll work with you to ensure you’re on a course that you enjoy and is teaching you at the right level for your ambitions.
We can help you find your IT specialism. Specialising in an element of computing means that you’ll be able to apply for the top jobs, with the highest salaries. We teach specialist courses such as mobile app development, digital marketing, data analytics and the adobe suites.
Why choose us?
- Course content. We work with local employers to ensure that we teach you the skills and qualifications that businesses are looking for. Click on the dropdown menu at the top of this page to see our list of IT courses and find out more about them.
- Reputation. We’re consistently ranked among the top colleges in the country, which means you can expect outstanding teaching and support to help you succeed.
- Success rates. In previous years we have enjoyed a 100% success rate in some of our Computing and IT courses. 40% of our Applied Computing degree students, taught at University Centre Weston, achieved a first-class honours last year, which is far higher than the national average.
- Our facilities. Our Computing and IT courses are taught at our award-winning South West Skills Campus, as well as within University Centre Weston. You can find out more about our state-of-the-art facilities here.
- Our links with employers. We work with local employers to make sure that our students are taught the skills that businesses look for when they recruit new employees. We work with local companies to supply our students with live project briefs and work-related projects to enhance their employability and work experience.
- Accreditation. We are a BCS (British Computer Society) Accredited Training Partner.
Search Computing and IT courses
Search Courses by Keyword:
Select a Course:
A qualification in computing and IT can lead to a variety of job opportunities.
The South West is home to a large and diverse IT sector. Many of the world’s leading IT companies have bases here, and there are plenty of dynamic small businesses looking to grow. Hewlett Packard’s second-largest central research laboratory is based in Bristol.
What you can earn
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the industry include:
- Computer service and repair technician - £17,000 to £25,000
- IT security coordinator - £25,000 to £60,000
- IT support technician - £18,000 to £30,000
- Software developer - £20,000 to £40,000
- Web content manager - £24,000 to £50,000.
It's easy to apply...
Applying for any of our Computing and IT courses is easier than you think – you can apply online in a matter of minutes by selecting the course you’re interested in from the drop-down menu at the top of this page and clicking ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can find an application form at the back of our prospectus.
Now is the perfect time to apply in order to secure your place on the course you are interested in. Submitting an application isn’t a binding decision and if you change your mind, you can always withdraw your application at a later date.