Travel and tourism
Thanks for visiting our Travel and Tourism page. Here you'll find all the information you need to know about the travel and tourism courses we offer.
For more information on a specific course, please use one of the search options below.
The Travel and Tourism industry is rapidly expanding, and a qualification in this area could be your first step towards a successful career.
Weston College's successful Travel and Tourism courses focus on teaching you the skills and qualities that will help you to succeed in the travel and tourism industry. The College plays an active part in the local tourism industry with its commercially operating hotel, events spaces and restaurants at the Winter Gardens Pavilion, which makes us one of the leading colleges in the West of England for our Travel and Tourism courses.
We're the experts in this field. We work with employers in the sector to make sure that our Travel and Tourism courses are teaching you the skills that employers in the sector are looking for.
Qualifications in Travel and Tourism lead to careers. The number of jobs in travel and tourism is increasing at the rate of 50,000 a year and statistics indicate that over 1.5 million people in the UK work in this exciting industry.
You can get highly qualified in Travel and Tourism with Weston College. The higher your qualifications in Travel and Tourism, the higher your chances of gaining employment in one of the higher-paid roles in the sector. At Weston College we teach Travel and Tourism up to degree-level and we can prioritise your application to University Centre Weston if you progress up to university-level study with us.
Why choose us?
- Course content. Our courses are designed with the help of industry insiders, and our work with businesses will enable you to undertake real-life projects set by local employers. As part of this course you will have the opportunity to travel to locations such as The Gambia, Paris, New York and London.
- Reputation. We are one of the top performing colleges in the South West in terms of delivering Travel and Tourism qualifications. We’re consistently ranked among the top colleges in the country, which means you can expect outstanding teaching and support to help you succeed.
- Success rates. We have enjoyed 100% pass rates on our previous Travel and Tourism courses. Many of our students have gone on to find work in a relevant area after completing their course, such as airlines, Disneyworld in Florida, cruise staff and some have even set up their own tourism organisations.
- Our facilities. Our Travel and Tourism courses are taught at the Knightstone Campus, as well as within University Centre Weston. You can find out more about our state-of-the-art facilities here.
- Our links with employers. We have excellent links with the tourism industry, such as the National Trust, Bristol Airport, local Tourist Board, and local travel agencies.
Search Travel and Tourism courses
Search Courses by Keyword:
Select a Course:
Tourist guide, tourist information centre assistant, tour manager, travel agent, airline customer service agent, airport information assistant.
What you can earn
Some suggested annual salary ranges for those working in the industry include:
- Tourist information centre assistant £16,000-£20,000
- Chemist £16,000-£22,000
- Airline customer service agent £12,000-£14,000
- Travel agent £15,000-£25,0000
- Air cabin crew £12,000-£14,000
- Tour manager £15,000-£20,0000
There are approximately 5,100 people working in the travel and tourist services industry in this region, of which:
- 75% work full-time
- 82% of the workforce is female
- 18% of the workforce is 55-59 years.
- The majority of the workforce is employed full-time
- The majority of the workforce has a NVQ Level 4 qualification (35%)
- There are 119,800 people working in the travel and tourist services industry
Data from direct.gov.uk and People 1st AACS LMI report (Jun 2010)
It's easy to apply...
Applying for any of our Travel and Tourism courses is easier than you think – you can apply online in a matter of minutes by selecting the course you’re interested in from the drop-down menu at the top of this page and clicking ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can find an application form at the back of our prospectus.
Now is the perfect time to apply in order to secure your place on the course you are interested in. Submitting an application isn’t a binding decision and if you change your mind, you can always withdraw your application at a later date.